Friday, July 18, 2008

Might as well be an RSD blog

Dear Sir Randy,

Today is a weekend very different from other Saturdays two years ago. Not only have I not done the usual laundry to save on laundry bills, I have also flooded my "Make a Difference" blog with articles you wrote, clipped from the Inquirer, PCIJ, Rocked Phils, and many others who's got you on their sites. I guess if I had a laptop then when I was still your student, I would have written my essays, term papers in there and they would have found their way in my blog too. But maybe i will find my blue books and other papers associated with you and scan them and put them here. I am sure that you have a place in Philippine history especially for people of my generation and the net will have a piece of you to share to future generations after you have gone. I'd like to be one of those sites that have a piece of you.
Since I gained access to a PC, I always searched for your images and there rarely was one. Now, there are lots of them and I have saved each and every one in my folder. I once had a black and white photo of you in my wallet, clipped from a Chinese newspaper or newsletter or something which I kept in my TWSC days. Unfortunately, itw as found by my husband who didnt know the difference between Professional and Personal, and well, he took it off my wallet and tore it to pieces. That is one thing I cannot forgive myself, allowing him to desecrate the memory of one person who really made a difference in my life. I should have taken it off and kept it where he was sure not to find it. But well, he may have torn that piece of paper and out of my sight, but he has not succeeded in taking you away from me, because I have already internalized your lectures, your thoughts, making each of them very much a bit and piece of Randy David in me.

T'is all for now. Thank you to your friends who posted your photographs on their sites. I hope they will forgive me if they find it in mine.

Let it be said and known that whatever I am right now and will become, is all because of you.

Sincerely,

Jo

No comments: